Friday, April 8, 2016

BECOME AN AUTHOR TODAY: Blake G


Ever heard the phrase knowledge is power? Well kids today don’t really care about knowledge. Teenagers and children are more interested in their phones and video games than books. Books (and before that scrolls) have been one of the greatest sources of knowledge for thousands of years (until the Internet). Not many books have been able to reach to kids today. In a time like this, authors are needed to reach out to children today. Some good examples of these authors are Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson), J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter), and Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games). The thing all of them have in common is that they are able to reach out to kids today.
Today, 56% of children 8-12 have smartphones, 38% of kids under 2 have smartphones, and 91% of teens 13-17 have use the Internet via mobile device. 1 in 5 (20%) children finish a book (reading a book assigned by a teacher doesn’t count since it wasn’t chosen voluntarily). Childhood is a crucial time in life. Kids need important role models in life, and we need more authors to enrich children’s lives with literature.

4 comments:

  1. I am interested in the job openings for authors. I know I would be a good fit for this job. I would like to be considered for this job.
    Thank you, Caden Sulliavn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I would like to apply for this job. I am very imaginative, and hard working. Please consider me for this job.

    Thank you, Andrew Windham

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel I am a hard working and creative person and I believe I would be great for this job opening. Please consider and write me back soon. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am much interested to infuse my creativity into my work for others to view. If we can discuss a work opportunity soon that would be very good.

    Thank you for your consideration.

    ReplyDelete